Web services with Soap UI Course
Web services with Soap UI Course Overview
Web services are web components that transfer data between client and server. The client sends a web request to the server and the server then responds to the client. This response will differ based on the web service request type.
Load tests are similar to functional tests except in the way they get treated and the intention of the test itself. When functional testing a certain in our applications, we check the accuracy, usability, etc. When Load testing it, the function takes the form of a transaction; the response time, the network etc becomes the parameters of focus. SoapUI can help a tester decide to run a particular test as a load or functional test. Two targets with one test! Mock Services, a constituent part of SoapUI helps to mimic the web service behavior even before it is built. This is a really versatile feature that contributes immensely to minimizing the time that it takes to implement, test and correct- in that order.
SoapUI is an API Testing tool that works on both SOAP and REST APIs. Its most distinguishing factor in the world of testing tools is that it can be used for multiple forms of testing – both functional and non- functional. Load, Functional and Security testing are few testing types that can be successfully accomplished via SoapUI. SoapUI is available in two renditions: SoapUI and SoapUI Pro. SoapUI pro is for advanced users and is commercially licensed. Soap UI on the other hand is open sourced.
Manual Testers who want to Learn WebServices Testing, Functional Automation Testers to extend their scripting on webServices
After completion of course you will get jobs as Test analyst, Automation tester in the companies like purple talk, cyient, IMI mobile, Accenture, FactSet and more.
The main concepts covered in the course are: SoapUI Pro – Download, Installation, How to create project and add multiple WSDL to one project XML, WSDL, SOAP and REST protocols, Testing Web Services with SoapUI Pro, Adding properties to Project and how to use the values from project level and Test Suite level, properties indifferent scenarios, Creating Mock Services using SoapUI pro.
Web services with Soap UI Course Syllabus
What is WebServices? WSDL, SOAP, SOAPUI Pro Tool, XML
- Projects developed with WebServices
- Why WebServices are Being Used
- SoapUI Pro – Download, Installation
- How to create project and add multiple WSDL to one project
- XML, WSDL, SOAP and REST protocols
- Testing Web Services with SoapUI Pro
- Adding properties to Project and how to use the values from project level and Test Suite level
- properties indifferent scenarios
- Creating Mock Services using SoapUI pro
- Parameterization of Data / Data Driven Testing using SOAPUI tool – using data from local Excel file.
- Create Automation Test Suite, Test case and adding steps to each test case
- How to add and implement
- SOAP Test Request
- Groovy Script
- Property Transfer
- How to add Assertions and validate different scenarios in Request / Response XML and compare
- with pre-defined data from Properties.
- XPath& XQuery with SoapUI
- How to write Groovy Script – Programming standards, concepts of Variables, writing logic to
- validate response xml
- Defining variables to get the data from properties
- If condition, for loop, etc.
- How to debug the script, log.info etc.
- JDBC Connection. Write script to connect to Database and retrieve the data and compare the
- data with the response xml
- How to add Assertions and validate different scenarios using Groovy script.